- Logan is extremely active! He rolls from front-back and back-front, but is still perfecting his technique. Given how big he is, I had expected it to take him longer to roll. His legs and arms are constantly moving. He loves the Jolly Jumper and the jumperoo, especially if someone is willing to watch and cheer him on. If I'm holding him, his legs are usually kicking, especially if his sisters are in sight. And, if he's on my lap, he's jumping. My arms have gotten quite the work out in the last five months.
- He has majorly regressed in the sleep department. Admittedly, it is a little depressing since he was sleeping for 7-8 straight hours at just 4 weeks old. He goes to bed easily around 7pm, but usually wakes within an hour. I settle him, but then he often wakes again a short while later. He began waking several times per night a few weeks ago (maybe "the" 4 month sleep regression?). Exhausted, I started bringing him into bed with me. He ended up attached to the boob, using me as his soother all night long. While he is still in bed with me for the majority of the night, I'm trying to not let him use me as his soother. His sleep has actually improved in the last several nights. Last night, he didn't come into bed with me until about midnight -- an improvement from us both getting tucked in at 8pm. Some form of sleep training is likely going to be necessary, but we need to figure out the best timing for that. Nap-wise, he's doing fairly well. He goes down for his first nap around 8 and sleeps for about an hour. He is ready for nap #2 around 10:30. While he needs a third and fourth nap, I can usually only get one more one hour nap out of him. As a result, he's a bit of a wreck by 6pm, so if I'm able, I get him down early.
- He is so in love with his sisters. I comment on this every month (I think!), but the bond and love is only growing. This was one of the many reasons why I wanted a third child! When the girls get home from camp, the hugest smile comes across his face. One minute, he will be lying on his mat crying and the next, his eyes are locked on one of his sisters who moves whatever she is doing to be next to him.
- The girls love talking about all of the "words" that he can say. He is mostly saying "mmm", "goo", "ahhh", "eh" (like a good Canadian!). He loves to chat, especially to the girls. He is also a big shrieker. He sits on the table in his bumbo during meals and happily shrieks at his sisters. We have also started a music class, which he clearly loves because he shrieks through that too!
- He's nearly ready for food. He has recently started watching me eat. He will follow food from fork to mouth. I plan to start him on solids at some point around 6 months.
- While he's generally very happy, he knows what he wants and is quite stubborn. He can be extremely difficult to soothe for anyone besides me. This can be stressful for all of us. If he doesn't get what he wants, he lets out very angry cries/screams. It's been far easier to cater to him than it was with the girls since I "just" have him. He requires far more attention than the girls ever did. He frequently lets it be known that he wants me attention and when he gets it, he gives me the biggest smile. We call him the prince and he totally is.
- He LOVES bath time! He happily kicks and flails his arms sending water everywhere. He has nearly outgrown his little baby tub, so I just picked him up this mat on sale. It's the safer version of those bath rings.
|Happy, even in his sleep.|
|Quinn turns him into a "beautiful princess"|
|Home is Canada <3|
|Very happy in the carrier!|
|Chatting with Grandpa|
|3 little monkeys|
|Pink "marshmallow suit", pink bed.|
|Loving his Mama|
|Muscles is out|
|His happy place!|
|I feel so lucky to spend my day with this :)|
|Check out that thigh.|
|Maybe if I suck hard enough, I'll get milk from T's head?!|
|Jumping on Grandpa's birthday|
|Discovering Riley's paw|
|Bedtime can be a gong show when I'm solo. On a|
particularly bad night, this is how the four of us ended up.