As I get down to my final day or two of pregnancy, I can't help but reflect on the last nine months (and more).
- It's amazing how much you can love something that is the size of a poppyseed (week 4). As they grow organs and limbs and start moving, that love only grows. I can only imagine the love that we'll feel when we see their little faces for the first time (and beyond, of course!).
- Pregnancy, for me anyways, went by incredibly fast. While I'm feeling "done" with being pregnant right now, I know that I will still miss it.
- Midwives are amazing. You know that they genuinely care about your well-being and the well-being of your babies when they get out of bed at 11:30pm to drive to the hospital to take your blood pressure. Yes, it may be part of their job description but in my opinion, it still goes above and beyond. Tip: If you want a midwife, call several practices on the day you find out you're pregnant. Don't wait! They are in high demand for a reason.
- People have babies every single day, but when it's about to happen to you, it is the biggest thing in the world. It is still surreal to both Jenn and I that in a matter of days, we will be responsible for two little humans.
- Pregnancy has brought Jenn and I even closer together. Just when you think that your relationship has reached its highest level, it continues to grow. I know that the babies will help us grow together even more.
- I'm not afraid of labour and the pain. If I start worrying about it, I'll have to worry about the million possible directions that it could go.
- See a chiropractor if you can when you're pregnant! I started seeing one at 14 weeks and it was the greatest thing I could have done for the backaches.
- As I've already said in a previous post, pregnancy has been very humbling. It's amazing how two little babies can take control of your body making the simplest things so much more difficult. After being active all of my life, having to slow down was a tough lesson to learn.
- The support that we've received from family and friends has meant more to me than I could ever find the words to express. The calls, emails, texts, facebook messages, offers to help etc. have helped me through the tougher points of pregnancy. I feel so lucky to be surrounded by so much love. Our girls are very lucky to be coming into such an amazing extended family!
- Jenn's going to kill me for this one...At 38 weeks pregnant, I can actually say that at some point I might want to be pregnant again :) (Ask me about this one again in a few weeks. My answer might change drastically!)
- Things don't always go as planned. Have faith in God, the universe, a higher power, or whatever it is that you believe in, that things will work out in the way that they are supposed to. It may not make sense at the time, but the answers do eventually present themselves.