- He's on the verge of crawling. He is up on his hands and knees constantly. He rocks back and forth and tries to take a step forward. He hasn't quite figured out the coordination of his arms and legs. His determination is shining through though, as he is not easily frustrated. He can also now get himself up to sitting and is incredibly proud of himself for doing so! He's a rolling and scooting machine. He manages to get himself across the floor quickly and is motivated by a toy that is just out of his reach. He's been trying hard to pull himself up and will grab onto anything in sight.
- We've been battling sleep for a while, as I've mentioned in previous posts. Things got progressively worse from about 4 months onward. For a while we were co-sleeping. Part of me loved it, but eventually, I wasn't getting any sleep and I became his soother all night long. We moved him into his own room and things improved slightly, but then got worse again. In the last 6 weeks or so, there were nights when he would be up every 1-2 hours -- worse than a newborn! On a "good" night, he would be up 3 times. We hit the sleep deprivation wall and spoke with a sleep consultant/doula last week. After a lengthy chat, she created a plan for us and sleep training commenced on Friday night. Things improved fast! My boobs are slowly adjusting to not feeding him through the night. We still go in and soothe him very briefly. Last night saw only one waking. We're on the road to more sleep and a happier Mommy!
- He's extremely alert and always watching what people are doing, particularly his sisters! He find the girls to be hilarious. They will make him smile or laugh when others can't. He will try to imitate sounds and actions -- he loves to bang his hands on his high chair or the floor. He will also mimic us when we stick out our tongues at him. The girls are convinced that he can say words. While this is not true, he will try to repeat sounds that they say -- "ma", "goo", "ba". When the dogs are around, he is usually fixated on them, finding the most random things hilarious. He broke out in the most fantastic belly laugh when the pups were running back and forth across the house. I'm trying to teach him how to pet the dogs gently. It is extremely important to me that my kids understand how to respect animals and read their body language.
- He seems to really like music. We did a music class with some friends for over the summer and are currently doing a music class that is strictly for deaf and hearing impaired children. He is usually fixated on the instructors, who will often play the guitar. He loves banging on the drums or tambourines. Our current music teacher always incorporates bubbles, which are a huge hit. I've started singing to him before bed each night. He absolutely loves it, resting his head on my shoulder and doesn't seem to care that I don't have the best voice.
- He is enjoying food a little bit more. I've forced him to eat some purees and now he will sit and let me feed him a few bites. He still prefers to feed himself. While baby-led weaning is easier, it's far messier. So far, his favourites seem to be sweet potato, broccoli and pears. He absolutely loved Love Child's ratatouille, which has lentils and beans in it. I gave him a taste of my homemade butternut squash soup the other day and he enjoyed that quite a bit. Interestingly, he was indifferent to an apple-blueberry puree. He usually eats twice a day, but is still a much bigger fan of his mommy milk.
A chat with his best buddy...
Logan and his cousin enjoy some play time at yoga!
The dogs have been spending most of their time at my parents' house. We all miss them, but the help from my mom with the dog walking has been huge. He adores the dogs when they're around!
He enjoyed munching on an apple at the farm a few weeks back and hung out in the hay while the girls went down the slides.
From May until just last week, we would spend one afternoon/early evening with friends hanging out at the farmers' market. The kids would eat delicious popsicles and play in the park and Logan would happily roll around on a blanket while watching the kids and the trees.
Oh my hell he's cute. I want to EAT him.ReplyDelete
He is just so adorable! Love the pic of him surrounded by the dogs. Sweet baby boy smiles, swoon!ReplyDelete