2. Toddler #1 and/or #2 wake up at least once (sometimes twice) during the hours of 11pm-6am. Mornings can officially start as early as 5am if Toddler #1 or #2 refuses to go back to bed, despite our best efforts.
3. With an early morning start and middle of the night wake ups under our belts, we all start our days exhausted. Inevitably, Toddler #1 and/or #2 throw a (lack of sleep) tantrum or start a fight before 8am.
4. Another tantrum or fight ensues.
5. Mommy tries to keep two overtired girls occupied and happy.
6. Hoping that the lack of sleep will result in a decent nap, Mommy puts Toddler #1 and #2 down. Usually naps last for 1.5-2 hours.
7. Mommy tries to keep two overtired girls occupied and happy.
8. Repeat steps 1 and 2…
The most discouraging part for us is that we can't figure out why they're waking. On Monday night, Quinn slept from 7pm-7am without a peep. On Tuesday, she woke at 10pm and then again at 3am. On Wednesday, she woke at 2am. On Thursday, it was midnight.
They don't wake each other. They're not sick. They're not hungry. They don't have dirty diapers.
I have thought, worried or talked about sleep this much since they were newborns!
This too shall pass…