Here are a few things that I have found incredibly helpful:
- Twin Nursing Pillow (My Brest Friend): If you can get past the awful name, this pillow is a must for nursing twins. Yes, you can pile pillows around you and do just fine (I've done that too), but when you have two hungry, fussy babies wanting their meal, throwing this pillow around you takes a fraction of the time to set up.
- Fisher Price My Little Lamb Cradle n' Swing: I have nicknamed this swing, 'baby crack.' Both of our babies love this swing (and so do our friends' twins). It looks ridiculously comfortable and lulls a fussy baby to sleep in no time. And yes Jen & Allison, it makes ice cream too.
- Baby K'Tan Sling: I posted a picture of myself carrying both girls in this wrap a while back. This carrier has been a godsend when I'm on my own and I have things to do but a fussy baby to deal with. I throw her in this this wrap and have both of my hands back for getting things done. While I love this sling, there are TONS different brands out there. Don't buy a sling ahead of time (or buy and keep receipts). Try them out when your baby arrives and pick the one that you like best.
- Baby Bjorn & ERGO Baby: Slings, like the Baby K'Tan, are better around the house, in my opinion. We have both of these carriers. The Bjorn and ERGO are awesome for outdoor trips, especially when I'm walking with the 2 dogs and 2 babies in the park (one baby in the stroller, one in the carrier). Like the K'Tan, don't buy it immediately. Go and try them out first. You will definitely prefer one over the other and will kick yourself for spending $100 on a carrier only to wish you'd purchased something different.
- Baby Jogger City Select Stroller: I blogged about this back in January when we purchased it. I use this stroller daily and LOVE it. It's on a single frame so if you're only having one baby, it still works. Or, if you're planning ahead to a second baby already, you won't need to get a new one because it easily turns into a double. Why I love it: It folds up very quickly and easily. The car seats snap into it in seconds. It handles very well, on uneven surfaces also. It might be a little pricey but it will last the girls well into their toddler years, so it will be the only stroller we need to buy.