Two thirds of a year! My sweet little girls are getting so big!
- Crawling is imminent for Teagan. She is always on her hands and knees or feet, rocking back and forth. Quinn is starting to do the army crawl. She is an extremely proficient roller though so I wouldn't be surprised if she didn't do much crawling.
- The girls attended their first New Years Eve party! We debated on going at all because we're pretty strict about bedtime. On that night, we fed the girls and packed them in their car seats in their pjs. They were both asleep on the ride over. Quinn stayed asleep and slept through the entire party. Teagan, on the other hand, woke up just as we were arriving. We tried to get her back to sleep but she would have nothing of it. She wanted to party.
- They've tried a ton of different fruits and veggies - butternut squash, sweet potato, apples, pears, banana, avocado, broccoli, cauliflower, mango, beets, green beans, carrots, peas, blueberries...I'm sure there are more. They both love food and are great eaters. They are currently eating two "meals" per day. They still nurse just as often.
- Over the Christmas holidays, the girls went through what we believe was a teething period. Their sleep was very affected making for two very exhausted moms. They went from sleeping through the night to waking several times. We had been so good about establishing good sleep habits. All of that went out the window for a 10-day period. While they're back to their good sleeping ways, we still have NO TEETH to show for it all!
- They are talking and babbling like crazy. As I mentioned in a previous post, they often say, "dadadada." Also included in their repertoire is "bababa," "gaga," "ahhhhh," "mamama"
- Teagan has stranger anxiety. If people she doesn't know or those who she doesn't see often try to talk to her, she will usually get quite upset and sometimes cry. She is a big "mommy's girl" and will sometimes only want me. Fortunately, Quinn will almost always go with anyone. As a result, she is usually the guinea pig who gets passed around when someone wants to hold a baby :)
- They have graduated to their "big girl" bath tub. The Fisher Price infant whale tub has seen its last days. They were having far too much fun kicking water all over the bathroom which was hilarious to watch but not so fun to clean up.
|A little smile for Miss Q!|
|Teagan thinks picture time is hilarious|
|...apparently it got even funnier!|
so old! :)ReplyDelete
We never used an infant tub - they love to splash already in the water so we just use the full bath tub!
They are getting SO big!ReplyDelete
They're so cute!ReplyDelete