I introduced the girls to pomegranates about a month ago. Since then, the sight of the delicious little seeds causes them both to go nuts. You'd think that I was offering them chocolate chip cookies. Quinn shovels handfuls of them in her mouth and quickly begs for more...
I can't say I mind that pomegranates have become baby crack to the girls. They are considered to be a superfood and have numerous health benefits. While the juice is good, the actual seeds will provide you with more nutrition bang for your buck (and will cost less!). Here are a few reasons to eat 'em:
- Loaded with antioxidants (2x more than green tea!) which fight free radicals that contribute to chronic diseases and cancer.
- Packed with vitamin C - we can all use a little bit more of that now that cold/flu season is upon us once again.
- The edible seeds are high in fibre (so you will not get the fibre benefits by drinking the juice)
- Other vitamins and minerals: b-vitamins, vitamin E, vitamin K, magnesium, potassium, phosphorus, copper
- Proven to help lower cholesterol